How to take care of your mental health during this pandemic
Mental Health Issues During Lockdown
The rising cases, panic, information overload, fake messages, etc. are sufficient to overwhelm any person. Realizing the need, many psychologists and psychiatrists have come together to form online support groups for those who are seeking for professional help.
Celebrities like Alia Bhatt, Richa Chadha, Sachin Tendulkar, and others have come forth to address the issue related to Mental health during the lockdown. And the University Grants Commission (UGC) has directed universities and colleges to set up helplines to address the psychosocial needs of students. With the lockdown extended till May 3, the need to focus on mental health will be equally important to taking care of your physical well-being.
MAJOR STRESSORS IN THIS TIMES OF THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
● Misinformation and information overload
● Lack of transparency during the quarantine
● Social isolation
● The guilt of being a possible cause of infection for others
● Getting stigmatized on the basis of ethnicity, travel history or symptoms
POINTERS TO STAY MENTALLY HEALTHY DURING LOCKDOWN:
● Stay connected through chats and video calls
● Join virtual reading, cooking or other clubs
● Avoid watching continuous news cycles
● Seek professional help, if needed
● Focus on the positives, like recovered cases