Lowering Your Bad Cholesterol Level in Body
Shared By: Tricky Health
Lowering your cholesterol level need not be something that only medication can do. Not all cholesterol is bad. You have two types in your blood; one is considered good and the other is considered to be bad.
The two types are known as Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and High-density lipoprotein (HDL).
It is the LDL levels that you need to be most concerned about.
· When your LDL levels are too high, the cholesterol builds upon the walls of your arteries. Your arteries harden over time and reduce the flow of oxygen and blood to your heart. If left unchecked, your arteries can become completely blocked and cause a heart attack.
How can you avoid a heart attack and lower your cholesterol levels at the same time?
Follow these few simple rules or health tips to lower your LDL Cholesterol level and avoid heart attack:
· Change Your Diet Plan: Foods that are high in saturated and trans fats can increase your cholesterol levels. You need to reduce your intake of food that these fats. This includes fried foods and fatty meats. You also need to reduce how much sugar you eat. Sugar can convert to carbohydrates when not burned off. Carbohydrate then turns to fat and increases your cholesterol levels. Eat a healthy diet that is made up of fresh vegetables, fruit, whole grains, and lean meats.
· Lose Weight: Being overweight can increase your cholesterol levels and the risk of suffering from a heart attack. Losing weight can raise your HDL levels and reduce your LDL levels.
· Exercise Regularly: Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day. It will help you lose weight, give you more energy, and make you feel better. Brisk walking, weight lifting, and yoga are all beneficial for your health.
· Change The Way You Cook: Instead of frying your food, bake, grill or broil it. You can add flavor to your food using a range of herbs, spices and a little salt. You will get the tasty meal you desire, without all the extra calories and fats you don’t need.
· Healthy Snacks: Eat snacks that are made from whole grains. They are full of fiber that makes you feel full. One of the biggest battles in losing weight is quelling those hunger pains. When you eat snacks that are high in fiber you won’t have this problem.
If you perform these above tasks there is no need to take medicine to lower your cholesterol level. It isn’t hard to improve your health. Just follow these few simple health tips and you will be lowering your cholesterol level in no time.